It’s my first time doing Inktober and I’m happy to say tht I was able to fill all 31 days of it.
I came in with goals and personal rues and expectations, and the goals are such that they won’t violate my own expectations. Said rules are (and I think I’ll be using these as well coming into Sketchavember):
- Finish my workload first.
- Do not neglect household errands and chores.
- Health, family, social life, and volunteer commitments come before drawing challenge. Draw in advance, catch up, or miss a day. I will not stress over this challenge.
I think I will have to put extra emphasis on health, as I hadn’t been able to work out at all during the month of October. Hello Kitty run side, I hadn’t really been able to do any significant physical activity. That wouldn’t do ;(
As for my goals nd whether or not I’ve met them:
- Get to know my materials: I came in wanting to be better acquainted with my brush pens and fineliners, but I ended up welcoming a new member to my inky family: sumi-e. Granted, I didn’t use it in its intended traditional use, but I had fun using it and layering it with gel pens 😀
- Learning consistency: Somewhat? In terms of drawing daily, see the above rules. I hadn’t been able to draw on days that had relationship commitments, extra work projects, and volunteering. It didn’t help that for dys 28 to 30, I had pain in one of my wisdom teeth; so even if I had the time, I just didn’t have the drive. However, I drew daily during the weekdays nd caught up whenever I could. In terms of technique however, there are times that I feel that I already know what I’m doing and I think I’m ready for the next level — such as doing details, textures, and better shading. I think I got my line weigts down a the least 😛
Without further a here are my output for Inktober 2017. All of these open up to my Instagram account:
- 01: LOTD
- 02: Friendship
- 03: Onions doing onion things
- 04: Little red boots
- 05: Trixie (Blade Runner Blackout 2022)
- 06: Chall Acustica (Mobile Suit Gundam 00)
- 07: Capricorn El Cid (Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas)
- 08: Kitten Chall (who ran “crooked(ly)”)
- 09: Pearl
- 10: NaruHina (Naruto Shippuden)
- 11: Baby Joshua
- 12: WIP Commission #1
- 13: Otoya Ittoki (Uta no Prince-sama)
- 14: “Fierce” Paladin Allura
- 15: “Mysterious” Prince Lotor
- 16: Chibi Allura with a “fat” milkshake
- 17: Sweet Coran
- 18: Shay + kitten
- 19, “Cloud” + 24, “Blind”: Avatar Aang + Toph Beifong
- 20 + 25, “Juicy”: WIP Commission #2 + laughter
- 21 + 26, “Squeak”: Hello Kitty Run + Fievel Mouskewitz
- 22 + 27, “Climb”: My hand + sleepy koala
- 28 to 31:
- “Fall(ing)” cat
- “United” [spoilers for Stranger Things 2] Sisters
- “Found” — Alfonse Elric and his armor
- “Mask” — Kaito Kid and his obnoxious monocle
Welp! On to Sketchavember :D)-\ !